Welcome to CRA
A very warm welcome to the Craigpark Residents' Association
Craighall and Craighall Park, established over 100 years ago, are well known for their convenient location, amenities and quality of residential life, and are a very special part of Johannesburg.
The CRA, originally formed in 1950 and renamed in the 1970s, is now 63 years old, and so possibly one of the longest established RAs in Joburg. It plays an extremely important and proactive role in looking after the interests of residents and has become a force to be reckoned with.
STOP PRESS - SAVING YOU MONEY
Costs rise - petrol, rates... but when did you last look at your insurance costs? How much are you spending a month? The CRA has negotiated two short term insurance affinity arrangements - one is with Alexander Forbes and the other with Commrisk Insurance Brokers (Pty) limited.
We are sure that you'll be surprised at how much money you could save and, as a value-added benefit, help underwrite other CRA projects.
CRA AGM 2013:
Chairman's report - review for the past year (April 2012 to May 2013) - see what was achieved in the past year and plans for the forthcoming year.
Very interesting address by Cllr Tim Nast, Mayor, Mid-Vaal... how we could solve Jhb's billing problems, manage traffic better... and many more ideas.
BIG SUBURB CLEAN up!
The Pavement clean up is complete - we hope you see a difference. Please help us keep our pavements clean and neat - AND accessible to pedestrians!
|The CRA contracted Enigma Cleaning Services to clean all pavements in our area. www.enigmacleaning.co.za|
- Your property value and lifestyle wellbeing - click here to see the proposed revised Precinct Plan for our area - as at May 2013 it is awaiting formal City approval. Click here for report of the first public participation meeting.
- Have you joined up for the CRA's Public Space Security scheme [PSS]? We cannot afford to be apathetic about crime.
- Have you joined the CRA SMS alert system? If not, send your cell no and name to Wendy McAllister, CRA Communications.
- Have you joined our recycling programme with Mama She's? To join, click here.
- To get quick updates/have your say/help find a lost pet/connect with your community, there's the CRA Face book page [as it is a community page, it's 'safe' to view].
Memories of the Craighall Open Day Centenary celebration ...
See the full programme for the day.
BBBAlmost every activity was based on what residents and businesses in our area offer - a remarkable spread of talent and enterprise.
Thabo Mokwena, former CEO of SALGA (South African Local Goverment Association)